Hirslanden Clinique La Colline merges with Clinique des Grangettes
The Clinique des Grangettes and the Hirslanden Clinique La Colline will join forces in a joint company. This gives patients access to a comprehensive range of diagnostic and therapeutic services. With the combination, 18 clinics now form the Hirslanden Group, which is thus further expanding its position as a leading private hospital group in Switzerland.
The Clinique des Grangettes and the Hirslanden Clinique La Colline have an established position in the field of acute care in the Romandie. The Clinique des Grangettes has particular expertise in oncology, cardiology, paediatrics and mother-child care. The Clinique La Colline is known for its competence centres in orthopaedics, neurosurgery, visceral surgery and sports medicine. The medical services of the two hospitals thus complement each other perfectly. Patients will therefore benefit in future from comprehensive, first-class medical care from a single source. Doctors have even better access to a high-quality medical technology infrastructure.
«We are delighted to combine the Clinique des Grangettes, a state-of-the-art private hospital in Geneva, with our existing Hirslanden Clinique La Colline. Both hospitals benefit from the attractive private health market in the canton of Geneva. The combination of the two hospitals will further cement Hirslanden's position as an innovative private healthcare provider in Switzerland," says Dr. Ole Wiesinger, CEO of the Hirslanden Private Hospital Group.
The combination of the Clinique des Grangettes and the Hirslanden Clinique La Colline enables operational synergies and cost savings. The Clinique des Grangettes in particular will benefit from the advantages of a hospital group, optimised purchasing and centralised logistics and administration.
Philippe Glatz, current owner and Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Clinique des Grangettes, explains: «The aim of the combination is to provide all patients with the best possible care under one roof - irrespective of the required medical specialty. We look forward - together with the Hirslanden Clinique La Colline - to continuously making a significant contribution to the high-quality medical care of the population in Geneva.»
The Hirslanden Private Hospital Group holds a controlling majority of 60 percent of the share capital in the new company «Hirslanden La Colline Grangettes SA». The remaining 40 percent are owned by Philippe Glatz, who will serve on the board of «Hirslanden La Colline Grangettes SA» whilst members of the senior management team, including Mr Gilles Rufenacht, the current hospital manager of Clinique des Grangettes, will remain with the combined entity.
With the combination, Clinique des Grangettes insures its future and the Hirslanden Group now has 18 clinics throughout Switzerland and is strengthening its presence in French-speaking Switzerland with two clinics in Lausanne and two in Geneva. In addition, Hirslanden is gaining a foothold in paediatrics thanks to the established paediatrics department of the Clinique des Grangettes, including the paediatric emergency ward.
Completion of the transaction is subject to the approval by the Swiss Competition Commission.