Lausanne Prostate Centre supports clinical research by encouraging its patients to participate in clinical studies, if they are willing to do so, in order to improve existing treatments and offer a better prognosis to patients affected by prostate cancer. Clinical studies allow doctors to:
- Avoid ineffective treatments
- Obtain more information about treatment doses and effects
- Measure quality of life and potential side effects of medications
- Share our knowledge through a global network of clinical studies
- Prolong life while maintaining quality of life.
Participation is voluntary. It is possible to withdraw from a study at any time without having to give a reason; this withdrawal will not affect quality of care in any way.