Certain diseases and disorders of the musculoskeletal system can be actively prevented or even counteracted. Even in cases of constant strain, advanced age or extensive exercise sessions, it is possible to avoid problems with the joins, tendons, ligaments and bones. This prevention comprises various areas. The goal of prevention is to avoid injuries and illnesses, as these result in limitations in daily life, at work and in sport.
Healthy and regular physical activity is important to keep our musculoskeletal system in good condition. You can find out how even beginners can use running as prevention here.
Also make sure to:
- Maintain a healthy weight. You can calculate your BMI here and find more detailed information.
- Eat a balanced diet. Especially when doing sport and exercise, it is important to get sufficient nutrition. You can find more tips about nutrition and exercise here.
- Avoid smoking
- Consume alcohol in moderation
- Put plans in place to prevent musculoskeletal injuries
- Have an ergonomic workplace in line with SUVA (link in german) and occupational safety regulations
- Have a sensible, varied training plan for exercise and sport activities, including performance diagnostics for optimum endurance and exertion planning.
To keep your musculoskeletal system healthy, you have the option to undergo a check-up. When performed regularly, these prevention programmes help to identify any health damage early and to determine treatment measures. This creates security.
You can find a list of our check-up centres and the preventive measures they offer here.
With Hirslanden Precise, we offer a comprehensive range of genetic medicine.Thanks to innovative methods, professional advice and support for prevention and early detection as well as diagnostics and therapy, we improve your quality of life based on your unique genetic requirements. Genetic medicine provides certainty about and self-determination in respect to your own health. This lets you learn how to keep your musculoskeletal system in good condition or how you can improve it with prevention measures tailored to you.