The Hirslanden group of private hospitals sets new standards in cutting-edge medicine with its many centres of excellence. The Hirslanden Clinic in Zurich, for example, has become a centre of excellence in the area of rhythmology which meets the most stringent requirements in terms of both its personnel and its infrastructure.
The Hirslanden Clinic is convinced that, by creating centres of excellence in cutting-edge medicine and incorporating the Hirslanden Clinic and the Hirslanden Cardiac Centre into existing structures, it is possible to provide even more comprehensive medical care for our patients.
Professor Hans Kottkamp MD, the Director of Rhythmology, is a specialist who is recogni-sed as an internationally renowned clinician and researcher with many years of personal experience in catheter ablation and the implantation of pacemakers, ICDs [Implantable Cardiac Defibrillator] and CRT [Cardiac Resynchronisation Therapy] devices.
- Diagnosis and treatment of all forms of abnormal heart rhythm
- Catheter ablation (catheter intervention for the treatment of abnormal heart rhythms)
- Indication, implantation and follow-up care of cardiac pacemakers, implantable cardioverters/defibrillators (ICD) and devices for cardiac resynchronisation therapy (CRT), known as biventricular stimulation
- Electrophysiological investigations
- Electrical cardioversion
- Diagnosis of syncopes
- Determination of the risk of sudden cardiac death
- Consultations for anti-arrhythmia medicamentous treatment