As our patient you will receive the best of care. You can freely select an independent examining doctor from a network of 2'000 doctors.
Our partners are all highly qualified specialists offering you the highest level of care.
Press release, 2 July 2014
In Western Switzerland, Hirslanden already operates two hospitals, the Clinique Cecil and Clinique Bois-Cerf in Lausanne. With the accession of Clinique La Colline in Geneva, the Group is strengthening its presence in the west of the country. “Hirslanden and Clinique La Colline are ideal partners. In both operations, the affiliated doctor system is a central part of the business model, and it guarantees the doctors’ entrepreneurial freedoms”, says Hirslanden CEO Dr. Ole Wiesinger. Hirslanden has undertaken another acquisition in Central Switzerland. As of 8 August 2014, the swissana clinic meggen will belong to the group. The aim is to build a close partnership with the Hirslanden Klinik St. Anna in Lucerne. With both acquisitions, it will be possible to leverage synergies due to ensuing group advantages. The takeovers will result in Hirslanden operating 16 hospitals, with the Group being able to strengthen its position as the largest private hospital group with the highest turnover in Switzerland. The Group employs 7,800 members of staff and works together with 2,100 affiliated doctors. The turnover in the 2013/14 financial year stood at 1.437 billion Swiss francs.
An average figure of 10% of total turnover is invested by Hirslanden in the main areas of upkeep, replacement and procurement, as well as in expansion projects. This will be no different in the coming financial year. There now follows a list of the most important building projects in the next years. With investment in the outpatient sector, the Swiss range of medical services from Hirslanden will be continually expanded.
- Aarau: The Hirslanden Klinik Aarau is gaining a floor expansion, a Privé lounge, and more beds. Entry into service: April 2015. Investment: CHF 6 m.
- Basel: The Klinik Birshof is building five operating theatres as well as patient rooms and ward. The emergency unit will be expanded, and new doctors’ practices and a hand centre will be created. Also to be built is an additional radiology unit, which will provide MRI, CT and conventional x-rays. Entry into service: April 2015. Investment: CHF 17 m.
- Fribourg: Construction of a new practice centre in Düdingen close to the railway station. 17 new jobs will be created. Opening: autumn 2015. Investment: CHF 6 m.
- Schaffhausen: Practice centre with general practitioner and walk-in practice near the railway station. More than 20 new jobs will be created. Opening: autumn 2014. Investment: CHF 3 m.
- St. Gallen: The Klinik Stephanshorn is expanding its ward. Space will be created for 24 more beds and an emergency station with six new treatment rooms (incl. trauma room). Entry into service: December 2014. Investment: CHF 7.5 m.
- Zurich: The Klinik Im Park is renovating its operating theatres and is constructing a hybrid operating theatre. Entry into service: November 2014. Investment CHF 9.4 m.
For Hirslanden Private Hospital Group, medical advances, the high quality demands and the necessity to sustainably apply resources make cooperation agreements ever more important. With the opening of the Radiotherapy Hirslanden on 1 April 2014, the Spital Männedorf is complementing its range of medical services in the area of cancer therapy in partnership with Klinik Hirslanden. With the new centre, the entire spectrum of modern tumour therapy can be offered locally to the region’s patients. A further cooperation has been running since 1 May 2014. Prof. Dr. Thierry Carrel and PD Dr. Lars Englberger – both practising at the Inselspital in Berne – now lead the heart surgery unit at Hirslanden’s hospital in Aarau. In partnership with Hirslanden’s partner, Kantonsspital Aarau, the new Mittelland Centre for Heart Surgery is a model partnership between the Inselspital in Berne, the Hirslanden heart surgery unit in Aarau, and the Hirslanden Hospital in Aarau. Thus both public and private sponsors are involved in the partnership. Together with the current consultants for cardiology and rhythmology, the new centre will guarantee the entire spectrum of heart medicine treatment in the Mittelland region at highest level.
As of July 2014 the Hirslanden Private Hospital Group consists of 15 hospitals (from 8 August with the swissana clinic meggen 16), in 11 cantons. The Group has a good 2,100 employed and affiliated doctors, and 7,800 members of staff. Hirslanden is the leading private hospital group and the largest medical network in Switzerland. In the 2013/14 financial year, it generated a turnover of 1,437bn Swiss francs. On 31 March 2014, over 87,200 patients were being treated as inpatients at the 14 hospitals with a total of 420,000 inpatient days. In insurance terms, the patient mix consists of 41.4% basic, 33.0% semi-private, and 25.6% private insured patients. Hirslanden operates a total of 12 emergency units and emergency admission, and thus contributes to the basic medical cover for the Swiss population.
The swissana clinic meggen, which performed its first operation on a patient on 3 July 1995, has around 40 accredited affiliated doctors with various areas of specialisation. The hospital, located 10 minutes by car from Lucerne’s city centre, is equipped with three modern operating theatres, has 11 rooms with first class hotel comfort, and a day clinic with 11 beds. The private hospital is affiliated to an outpatient clinic (practice) for dermatology and laser medicine, as well as a practice for traditional Chinese medicine. A total of 70 staff tend to the needs of the patients.
The newly renovated Clinique La Colline is located a few minutes from Geneva’s city centre and offers a multi-disciplinary medical and surgical range of treatment with 20 sub-specialities. With the completion of expansion work at the end of this year, the hospital will offer 100 rooms and suites, an emergency centre, six operating theatres and a dedicated polyclinic. Around 240 members of staff and 360 affiliated doctors tend to the needs of the patients.