The Salem-Spital has single and double rooms as well as some rooms with four beds. Great care has been taken to create a pleasant atmosphere. The patients rooms are furnished as follows:
- Electrically adjustable beds, which can be lengthened if required.
- Toilet and shower including towels in the single and double rooms. A hairdryer and a dressing gown can be provided upon request.
- Wardrobe with a locker for your personal belongings and small amounts of cash. Please leave any valuables (jewellery etc.) at home.
- A telephone with direct dialling from 07.00 to 21.30 (except for patients with private insurance). During the night, your relatives can call the reception. Mobile phones are permitted in the hospital, except in specifically marked areas such as operating theatres, post-anaesthetic recovery room, and so on.
- A radio and TV system with a wide choice of programmes is available in nearly all our single and double rooms.
- Patients with general insurance: some rooms have radios. A television is available in the lounge. If a patient is assigned to a room with a television set, a rental charge of CHF 30.- per stay will be billed.
- Fax messages can be sent and received through the reception.
- Every morning, we offer our patients with a private insurance a local newspapers (Bund, Berner Zeitung).
Please note that smoking in the general purpose rooms and the patients rooms is not allowed (including on the balcony). However, smoking is allowed in the garden.