The clinics of the Hirslanden Group of Private Hospitals offer all of the methods available today for a precise and comprehensive diagnosis. The patients with cardiovascular diseases are treated in an integral and comprehensive manner. In the process the following therapies are practiced:
- Balloon angioplasty and implantation of vascular supports (stents) in narrowed or blocked coronary blood vessels; carotid arteries; renal arteries; arm, pelvic and leg blood vessels
- Chemical septal ablation
- Catheter-technical treatment of cardiac arrhythmias (radiofrequency ablation) and treatment of atrial fibrillation and flutters
- Implantation of cardiac pacemakers
- Cardiac resynchronisation therapy with special pacemakers for cardiac insufficiency
- Implantation of automatic cardioverter/defibrillators (ICD) for life-threatening arrhythmias
- Cardioversion of atrial fibrillation
The cardiological spectrum of services has experienced a steady expansion of therapeutic possibilities such as the latest drug-eluting stent technology combined with treatment with an antithrombotic medication.
Hirslanden disposes of cardiac catherisation laboratories equipped with modern technology.