Experienced cardiac, thoracic and vascular surgeons operate as a team and care for the patients personally in the intensive care unit and department. A broad operative spectrum is provided:
- Open-heart coronary surgery
- Heart valve reconstructions, heart valve replacements, multivalve procedures
- Arrhythmia surgery (atrial fibrillation)
- Congenital heart defects in adults
- Pericardiac diseases: pulmonary vascular disease, pericardial diseases, pericardial effusion
- Complications of a myocardial infarction: torn valves, aneurysms
- Combined cardiac, valvular, vascular procedures
- Heart operations without blood transfusion
- Cardiac pacemaker implantations
- Complete spectrum of cardiac surgery for adults as an initial procedure or reoperation
- Lung and thoracic wall surgery as well as minimally invasive thoracic surgery
- All aortic vessels, incl. aortic arch, abdominal aorta, pelvic vessels
- Carotid surgery for imminent stroke
- Vein surgery, varicose veins ailments
- Vascular access for hemodialysis patients
Seamless monitoring of the patient in the operating room and in the intensive care unit on to the nurses' station goes without saying. The operating rooms are equipped with the latest technology.
An interdisciplinary coordination of the various specialists is prerequisite for the optimal care of our patients. The teams of the Hirslanden clinics consist of cardiologists, anaesthesiologists, intensive care specialists as well as internists, pneumologists, infectious medicine specialists and nephrologists.
In collaboration with your physician we provide the necessary follow-up examinations after heart operations, catherisations and pacemaker implantations.
In order to ensure professional continuity of care after your hospital stay we have selected rehabilitation clinics as our partners throughout Switzerland. They fulfil our highest standards.