The spinal column is the most important central part of the skeleton, and, accordingly, diseases and deformations of the spine impair posture, limit freedom of movement, cause back pain extending into the legs and sometimes lead even to the appearance of paralysis.
Spinal specialists at the Hirslanden clinics carry out the following therapies:
- Treatment of the entire spectrum of degenerative diseases of the spinal column (cervical and lumbar herniated discs, spinal stenosis (narrowing of the spinal canal), spondylolisthesis (slipped vertebra)
- Correction and stabilisation of spinal curvatures (scoliosis, kyphosis, malformations)
- Decompression and reconstruction for tumours and infections of the spine
- Fracture stabilisation and operations to straighten the spine for spinal injuries
- Vertebroplasties for osteoporosis fractures of the spinal column
- Application of innovative (e.g. artificial disc replacement), minimally invasive, microsurgical and partially image supported technologies for the entire spinal column