As a sub-discipline of internal medicine, cardiology deals with functional disorders of the cardiovascular system. A cardiologist diagnoses, treats and monitors diseases which affect the heart. They include, among others, high blood pressure, age-related cardiovascular diseases, heart defects as well as heart attacks.
Our cardiology team is made up of highly educated doctors who all hold the title of specialist in internal medicine and cardiology FMH, and have long-standing experience in their area of specialty.
Range of services
- Care of adult patients with congenital and acquired heart disease
- Inpatient care of patients with heart disease
- ECG, stress ECG, holter monitor, long-term blood pressure measurement, echocardiography (TTE and TEE). stress echocardiography, cardiac catheter examinations
Particular areas of focus
- Treatment of acute heart attack patients
- Cardiac catheter examinations
- Coronary dilatations, vascular dilatations
- Inplant of stents in coronary arteries and other arteries
- Inplant of cardiac pacemakers and defibrillators (ICD)
- Electrophysiological examinations (also with 3D mapping system)
- High-frequency catheter ablation of cardiac arrhythmias
- Drug-related and non-drug-related treatment of chronic cardiac insufficiency