It is important for us that you as a patient or visitor receive all relevant information on the current situation in the Salem-Spital.
For the protection of our patients and employees, the following visitor rule currently applies at Salem-Spital:
- Each patient is only permitted to have 1 visitor per day for a maximum of 1 hour.
- Patients decide which visit they want in coordination with the responsible specialist.
- No more than two visitors may be in a patient's room at the same time.
- Children under 12 years are not admitted.
- Visitors showing symptoms of an infection (fever, cough, flu-like symptoms) have to stay at home. They are not permitted to visit the hospital.
Exceptions are made for:
- Partners of women in labour or in postnatal care or visitors of dying patients.
All visitors must adhere to the following hygiene measures:
- Disinfect your hands when you arrive at the hospital and again before you leave.
- Wear a mask. Masks are handed out to visitors upon arrival (hospital entrance or reception). Cloth masks are not permitted. Please wear the hygiene masks from the clinic.
- Visitors also wear the mask in the patient's room, it is not allowed to take it off.
- Wash your hands thoroughly, maintain a safe distance from others and do not shake hands.
In the Hirslanden clinics in Berne the general obligation to wear masks applies.
Until further notice, the restaurant will be open to all patients, visitors and external guests from 7:30 am to 10:30 am and from 1:30 pm to 5:00 pm every day. Outside these hours, the restaurant is only open to our employees.
The Salem-Spital Lounge will be open from Monday to Saturday, 11:00 am to 8:00 pm.