It is important for us that you as a patient or visitor receive all relevant information on the current situation in the Salem-Spital.
As a preventive measure against the coronavirus, visitors to Salem-Spital have been banned from entering the hospital since Tuesday, 15 December 2020. Which is intended to reduce the risk of patients and staff becoming infected. The ban does not apply to visits for patients in extraordinary situations, including partners of women giving birth and close relatives of people who are dying. The ban on visits applies until further notice.
All visitors must adhere to the following hygiene measures:
- Disinfect your hands when you arrive at the hospital and again before you leave.
- Wear a mask. Masks are handed out to visitors upon arrival (hospital entrance or reception). Cloth masks are not permitted. Please wear the hygiene masks from the clinic.
- Visitors also wear the mask in the patient's room, it is not allowed to take it off.
- Wash your hands thoroughly, maintain a safe distance from others and do not shake hands.
- In shared rooms, beds must always be separated with a drawn curtain or screen.
In the Hirslanden clinics in Berne the general obligation to wear masks applies.
By order of the Federal Council, the restaurant and lounge of Salem-Spital will be closed to all patients, visitors and external guests from 22 December 2020 until further notice.