The Check-up Center Hirslanden regularly provides you with insightful and informative tips and tricks on current health topics.
Current health tips and lifestyle recommendations
We are all facing a great challenge at the moment. This makes it even more important to think about our health in general, in addition to the measures prescribed by the FOPH. Everyone can become active and do something good for their health, strengthen their immune system, improve their well-being, slow down and ensure relaxation and balance.
Latest Instagram Posts @healthup_switzerland
Do you meditate? Did you know that regularly meditation practice can significantly boost your health and well-being?
Here are the 10 top benefits of daily meditation, based on science:
- It reduces stress
- It stabilizes emotional health and controls anxiety or depression
- Meditation improves self confidence, self awareness and a positive outlook on life
- Your focus gets sharper.
- It prevents age related memory loss.
- It can help let go of addictions.
- It improves sleep.
- It promotes a general well-being and boosts your immune system.
- It can help decrease blood pressure.
- It helps to control pain
Do you know how beneficial 10.000 footsteps a day are for your general health and well-being? And do you know how easy they can be incorporated into your daily life without loosing much time a day?
Being active is key to our health, well-being and happiness. It all connects. Our energy needs to flow in order to be able to thrive in life.These are the health benefits of walking or running 10K steps a day:
- It boosts your heart health and helps stabilize your blood sugar.It strengthens your lungs.
- It improves your concentration and creativity at work and daily activities
- It boosts your mood – especially walking in nature and in sunshine.
- It strengthens your bones and improves muscle growth (additional to training).
- It keeps your energy flowing and boosts your energy levels as much as your immune system.
- It improves the flexibility of your body, mind and soul.
And here is how to implement these into your day:
- Dress comfortably and weather compatible.
- Bring a bottle of water.
- Try to walk/run in the morning or in your lunch break (the later the day, the less light and motivation and time you’ll have).
- Track your steps with an app, such as the Apple Health app on your iPhone or the Apple Watch.
- Walk and move whenever you can: to meetings, to shopping, to work, in between your work day.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Take your phone calls on walks.
- Take your meetings to walks.
- Listen to audio books on your walks (as opposed to reading them on your couch).
Did you know how important sleep is for a healthy immune system? Sleep is one of the most important factors for our general health, for recovery and a well life on all levels.
Here are 7 tips for heavenly and healthy sleep:⠀⠀
- Especially at times like these, all the news around COVID-19 can be very overwhelming. Make sure you disconnect from the media, your phone and radio/tv/emails frequently during the day and connect with the #PresentMoment (family, friends, nature, something fun) to calm down and unwind.
- Disconnect from all electronic devices at least an hour before you sleep (blue light postpones your natural sleep rhythm).
- Read a real book before bed time.
- Take a hot shower or bath.
- Use essential oils (as a room scent or on your skin) to relax.
You should sleep 7 to 8 hours per night - every night - to boost your immune system and help keep your body, emotions, blood sugar and hormone levels balanced.
Did you know? Laughter boosts the immune system.Laughter decreases stress hormones and increases immune cells and infection-fighting antibodies, thus improving your resistance to disease.
Laughter triggers the release of endorphins, the body’s natural feel-good chemicals. Endorphins promote an overall sense of well-being and can even temporarily relieve pain.
Laughter also protects the heart. Laughter improves the function of blood vessels and increases blood flow, which can help protect you against a heart attack and other cardiovascular problems.