Neuroradiology provides comprehensive image-based diagnosis and treatment for diseases and changes to:
- Central nervous system (CNS); i.e. the brain and spinal cord
Neuroradiology supplements the neighbouring disciplines of neurosurgery, neurology, psychiatry, orthopaedics and internal medicine with radiological investigative techniques.
The range of services in the field of diagnostics includes:
- Pre-contrast radiological examinations
- Computed tomography (CT)
- Magnetic resonance imaging/tomography (MRI, MRT)
- Angiography (imaging of the blood vessels with a contrast agent)
- Ultrasound and myelography (examination of the spinal canal with a contrast agent)
You can find further information on intracranial aneurysm, vascular AV malformation, stroke and pulse-synchronous tinnitus here.