Bern Orthopaedics Centre specialises in the treatment of injuries and conditions of the ankle and foot. A group of designated medical specialists in ankle and foot surgery covers all facets of conservative and surgical treatment.
At the heart of the treatment is the restoration of a functioning and pain-free foot.The focus is primarily on maintaining the mobility and stability of the foot. Depending on the problem, this can be approached conservatively (with special shoes, insoles, etc.) or surgically.
The team of specialists applies corrective interventions to improve axis ratios. Joint-stabilising interventions such as ligament reconstructions, tendon interventions or reconstructions after fractures/breaks are also available. These procedures are often necessary after injuries. What’s more, cartilage damage can be tackled with cartilage and bone surgery.
In addition to the possibilities offered by joint-preserving surgery, Bern Orthopaedics Centre offers the full range of treatments for painful osteoarthritis: Fusions, ankle prostheses and first metatarsophalangeal joint replacement.
In addition to classical open surgical techniques, we also offer minimally invasive procedures.
- Forefoot deformities
- Hallux valgus (bunion)
- Hammer/claw toes
- Osteoarthritis of the joints of the toe
- Metatarsal osteoarthritis and instabilities
- Upper and lower ankle joint osteoarthritis
- Flat feet
- High arches
- Tendon injuries/reconstructive surgery
- Ligament injuries/ligament reconstructions
- Rheumatoid arthritis of the feet
- Corrective osteotomies
- Arthroscopic interventions
- Minimally-invasive techniques
- Cartilage reconstructions
- Prostheses (upper ankle joint, first metatarsophalangeal joint)
- Fracture treatment