Cecil Obesity and Metabolism Centre has been accredited since 2014 by Swiss Society for the Study of Morbid Obesity and Metabolic Disorders (SMOB) (in french) as a bariatric centre of excellence for obesity management. For this reason, it guarantees the following treatment criteria in particular:
- The centre is home to a multidisciplinary team, who can be accessed year-round and is responsible for bariatric procedures as well as diagnostics and the pre-op care and long-term follow-up of patients
- The multidisciplinary team is made up of two specialists in bariatric surgery, Dr Alfred Blaser and Dr Jean-Marie Calmes, a specialist in clinical nutrition, a specialist in physical medicine, and physiotherapists
- The centre collaborates with Hirslanden Lausanne Emergency Department, which is accessible 24/7, and with the SSMI-recognised Cecil Intensive Care Unit
- Bariatric surgeons at the centre can look back on more than ten years of experience in this type of surgery and are renowned specialists in their field
- The centre performs more than 100 bariatric surgery procedures per year and works with other primary bariatric surgery centres.
All of the criteria required to be accredited as a centre of excellence can be found on SMOB’s website.