Guest Wireless Internet Access Service Terms and Conditions
You are about to access the Internet through a wireless network service operated by Hirslanden. The use of the Service shall be governed by the Guest Wireless Internet Access terms and conditions contained herein ("the Agreement"). You may only use this Service if you expressly agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Agreement each time you access the Service. Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing the Service. Clicking on “Log On” on the Login Page is taken as acceptance of the terms and conditions of the Agreement. The terms and conditions of this Agreement govern and affect only your use of the Guest Wireless Internet Access and are not intended to and do not affect in any way other transactions you may have with Hirslanden.
1. SERVICE ACCESS AND AVAILABILITY
Service is only available at designated office locations. Service coverage, speeds and quality may vary. Service is subject to unavailability, including emergencies, transmission, equipment or network problems or limitations, interference, lack of signal strength, and maintenance and repair. The Guest Wireless Internet Access Service does not deliver full Internet access and is designed to provide a limited service suite to Hirslanden guests only. Access to the Service is completely at the discretion of Hirslanden, and your access to the Service may be blocked, suspended, or terminated at any time. Hirslanden shall not be liable for any damages, losses, cost or expenses caused by or arising out of termination of the Service.
2. USE OF THE SERVICE
Users of the Service agree to be bound by the Hirslanden Code of Conduct and Security Policies and agree not to use the Service for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by this Agreement, including but not limited to:
- Use of the Service in a manner which will interfere materially with the continued operation of the Service
- Use of the Service in any manner that infringes another's copyrights, patents, trademarks, or intellectual property rights
- Use of the Service to engage in libel, defamation, harassment, intentional misrepresentation or fraud, or publication of private information
- Introducing viruses, trojan horses, worms, or any other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information
- Using the Service to gain illegal or unauthorised access to other computers or networks
- Attempting to intercept, collect or store data about third parties without their knowledge or consent
- Sending unsolicited messages, "spam", or "junk mail"
- Extension of the Service to provide service by proxy or other means to other computers/users
Hirslanden reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions at any time without notice. This will take effect immediately on publication on the website.
3. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Users of the Hirslanden - Guest Wireless Internet Access use the Service at their own risk. Hirslanden shall not be liable for any damages arising from use of the Service, including but not limited to:
- loss of privacy or security damages
- personal injury or property damages
- Any damages whatsoever resulting from interruption or failure of service, loss of data
- loss due to unauthorized access due to viruses or other harmful components
- the interception of loss of any data or transmission
- Losses resulting from any goods or services purchased or messages or data received or transaction entered into through the Service
Hirslanden examines the content conveyed and opinions expressed on the part of Hirslanden for accuracy and topicality. However, Hirslanden does not accept responsibility for the accuracy, topicality or completeness of the content conveyed and opinions expressed on the part of Hirslanden. Any liability for injury to the user or third parties arising from the use of the conveyed and expressed content is declined by Hirslanden. Hirslanden does not guarantee that the content conveyed or opinions expressed are free from errors or similar, and is not liable for damages to the user or third parties arising from such.
Should Hirslanden identify misuse or fraud in any form, it reserves the right to block access.
4. PRIVACY AND SECURITY
Users are advised that wireless internet connections such as provided by this Service are not secure. Communications may be intercepted by others. It is the user’s responsibility to install and deploy any additional technological tools that they may deem necessary to protect sensitive communications/data. Security of Service user’s computers or other networked device is the responsibility of the user. Hirslanden recommends the installation of anti-virus software or personal firewall technology to protect the device from unauthorised access or damage.
5. APPLICABLE LAW
Swiss law is exclusively applicable. If one or more of these terms and conditions becomes invalid in full or in part due to legal provisions, regulations or amendments, all other terms and conditions remain in force and the effective regulation will apply that is nearest the intended purpose of the invalid regulation. Exclusive place of jurisdiction is Zurich.