Rapid developments in cardiology have led to a better understanding of the causes of many diseases and have revealed new treatment options. These therapies often require the use of state-of-the-art technology.
Klinik Im Park offers patients a modern infrastructure with the latest generation of equipment:
- Three cardiac catheterisation laboratories with state-of-the-art, patient-friendly (i.e. X-ray and contrast medium-saving) flat-panel technology.
- Electro-anatomical mapping system (CARTO) for diagnosing and guiding the treatment of cardiac arrhythmias
- Latest ultrasound equipment for non-invasive diagnosis of heart diseases
- Intravascular ultrasound in the cardiac catheterisation laboratory for the assessment of vascular wall changes and control of therapy in complex coronary interventions
- Modern hybrid operating theatre which, thanks to its high-tech equipment, offers the possibility of making exact imaging diagnoses during the ongoing operation and of operating openly and minimally invasively or in combination at the same time.
- State-of-the-art operating theatres with complete monitoring of the patient during the operation, during transport and in the intensive care unit.
- Perfusion technology according to the latest standards, two heart-lung machines, left heart bypass, intra-aortic balloon pump for circulatory support
- Intraoperative quality control and diagnostics with digital fluoroscopy, intravascular ultrasound (IVUS) for planning and control of endovascular interventions, transoesophageal echocardiography (TEE) and vascular flow measurement (transit flow Doppler)
- State-of-the-art, specialist-managed intensive care unit with the possibilities of invasive and non-invasive haemodynamic monitoring, medicinal and apparatus-based circulatory support, postoperative ventilation or differentiated long-term ventilation as well as renal replacement procedures by haemofiltration or haemodialysis.
- Possibility of long-term postoperative telemetric monitoring to record cardiac arrhythmias on the ward
- In-house state-of-the-art radiology: conventional radiology, angiology (DSA), neuroradiology, computer tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)